Monday, September 13, 2010

Punishing Muslims for terrorism is wrong

I think the construction of the mosque is such a controversial topic because Americans aren't ready to accept that those responsible for 9/11 do not represent the Muslim community. Opposing the construction of mosque is almost opposing a German from purchasing a home and moving in a Jewish town. The analogy clearly (in my opinion at least) demonstrate how ridiculous that would be. But I also think that since 9/11 is rather a recent even, people may (do) still feel ardently angry about what happened however, I don't think people should let their emotions get in the way of what's right/constitutional.

I wonder if this would still have been as controversial as it is now if the building of the mosque is proposed thirty years from now.

No comments: